Back Order FAQ
Please Read Fully Below About Back Order Items
What is an ETA?
- Back Order ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) dates are estimates only. Shipments typically don't arrive on the exact day.
Should I wait for my back order item?
- Many of the most popular items we carry sell out very fast...sometimes even in the pre-selling phase. This means some products are so popular that they are rarely actually in stock and not spoken for. We always suggest this to customers deciding whether or not to wait on an item. If you really like the item and are willing to wait then do so because that may be the only way you can actually purchase this item. However, if you are on a time schedule and need the item on an exact date then consider a different item. Remember you can always cancel before an item ships if it doesn't arrive on time.
- Please note that if we are out of stock for a specific item then most of the time all online retailers are out of stock for that item as well. When the supplier runs out unfortunately we ALL do as well. Chances are every online retailer is waiting for that stock shipments to arrive in order to fulfill orders.
Do Shipments ever get delayed?
- Yes, shipments can be delayed for a month or more from the back order date. This can be due to a number of reasons. Shipments can be delayed because of storms on the seas, containers stopped at customs, breakdowns of ships on the water or any number of reasons. The Rustic Furniture Store has no control over these delays once a shipments hits the seas.
- All ETA dates are subject to change without notice.
Why has my ETA for a back order item changed?
- Supplier will give ETA's of shipments and then change them as they get a clearer picture of when the shipment will actually arrive. As mentioned above there are any number of reasons that a shipment can be delayed. Sometimes we receive these updates well after the original ETA date. Unfortunately we do not have the answer as to exactly why an order has been delayed in arriving.
- The Rustic Furniture Store has no control over delayed back order dates and just reports updates from our suppliers. Sometimes suppliers give us dates then change those dates later in the process. It can be frustrating but TRFS does its best to track these shipments as much as possible.
Will The Rustic Furniture Store send regular updates?
- No, we will update customers at the request of customers. If you ever have any questions about the status of your back order, all you have to do is email us. We will be happy to give you an update. Just give us 24-48 hours to get that update to you. Please keep in mind that suppliers change ETA dates without notice to The Rustic Furniture Store. Only once we contact them are we given the new ETA dates.
Can I cancel my order on a back order item?
- Yes you can cancel any time up until the item ships. Just send us an email cancelling your order and we will take care of that for you. Once and item ships standard refund/return policies apply.
If you have any other question please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.